1 (astronomy) the disappearance of a celestial body prior to an eclipse [syn: immersion] [ant: egress, egress]
Act of entering
Permission to enter
Door or other means of entering
Ingress may refer to:
- The act of entering. Antonym of egress.
- A type of noise typically encountered when using coaxial cable
- Ingress Bell (1834-1913), an English architect
- Ingress filtering, a computer network packet filtering technique
- Ingress protection rating, protection level that electrical appliances provide against intrusion of physical objects
- Ingress router, a source label switch router
- Ingress, egress, and regress, a property law term
- Ingress Cancellation, a technology to digitally remove in-channel ingress.
access, adit, admission, admittance, air lock, approach, channel, come in, conduit, corridor, course, ditch, duct, egress, entrance, entranceway, entree, entry, entryway, exit, gangplank, gangway, go in, hall, in, ingression, inlet, intake, means of access, opening, passage, passageway, penetrate, trench, trough, troughing, troughway, tunnel, vestibule, way, way in